Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Kids!

Hello everybody!

So, as you may have noticed, Joe and I finally made it to a PC Bang to update our loyal friends and family and even post some photos! I posted a bunch on facebook, and I am going to try and add some to this blog, but we've been here 2 hours already so ... I am tired. But we will send an email with the links for none facebookers.

I see Joe has posted a rather long update about my birthday, so I will save you the troubles of reading another. I have not read it yet, but I am sure it is accurate! I believe Joe is also working on the DMZ one right now, so I will not extend my thoughts on that at the moment either!

Rather, I would like to introduce everyone to four new students I have in my kindergarten class! Thats right, my morning kindergarten class has now tripled in size, and I have a total of 6 kids. Still not many, but the increase has been a handful! Before I tell you about my new students, I should tell you about the loss of one student I had. As you may know, I had a total of 3 students, but unfortunetely, one was pulled by his mommy. Hyunseo, one of my boys, got into a rather nasty fight after school in his bus waiting room. The Teacher Assistant for the room was not present, and little Hyunseo picked a fight with some older 7 year olds. Needless to say, his mother was pissed and pulled Hyunseo from TILS. I do feel bad, but there really is nothing I could do about it, and it was not in my room!

Anyways, so now, all in the matter of two days, 4 new students joined me. They are all friends on Sean, one of my other kids. My older students were Sean and Jinsung, who are both 5 years old. The new kids are 4 and one is only 3!!! The little ones are extremely adorable, but also frusterating to teach haha. Well, they are not that bad, I just try and have fun with them.

I now have 3 new girls and 1 more boy. The girls are Olivia, Emily and Ariana. Beautiful names eh? They are all super cute and young. Ariana is only 3 (I think) and still wears diapers! She is the hardest to teach, and I feel like holds me back sometimes from teaching since she does not understand as much and has a much lower attention span. Also, she still is having trouble not being with her mom so she often crys in class. At this point, I have to just ignore her when she cries, otherwise she will just keep doing it. Olivia is shy, but she seems to comprehend a lot of class materials. She also is very well behaved, so I like her haha. Emily is so so cute. You will all see photos soon. Emily is very loving, and often wants hugs and will attach to my legs a lot and not let go. This is cute, but also annoying when I am in front of a class trying to get their attention! Justin is the new boy and is a little trouble maker. I will have to work with him. But he is also very smart and can speak very English very well for such a young child.

Anyways, that is my short classroom update! I've now had one full week with the newbies, so I am sure you will be hearing more about them. I am going to go back to working on the photos, but thanks for reading and hopefully I will be hearing from many of you soon!

Much love from Korea,
Nicole
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment